I was ecstatic to see this book! I love “A Leaf Can be…”, and recently I used it as my focus book for an NSTA presentation that I did with my 2nd grade co-teacher. So, when I saw this, I was quick to purchase! 🙂 It didn’t disappoint. So clever and so wonderful. It really expands our view and understanding of water, including its states, and does so in such an elementary approachable way. LOVE IT!
Broad Science Connections
- States of matter
- Water use and functions
- Environmental interaction
Broad Literacy Connections
- Great illustrations: picture to text connections
- The pages remind me of a story my mom used to do with her 3rd graders, using a red circle: I once was…, now I am…
Broad Sociocultural Connections
- Changing states and functions–perhaps a stretch, but I am thinking the lesson of understanding audience.
- While I read this book, I am also thinking of how our state doesn’t have to be permanent or viewed that way.