To help celebrate and educate about Cinco de Mayo, I created an interactive bulletin board for one of the school hallways:
The guiding and connecting question for this celebration is:
Have you ever overcome an obstacle that made you want to celebrate?
This is the theme of Cinco de Mayo that is both timeless and not culture bound.
To help and encourage the students to learn more, I also provided QR-Codes to videos for more information. I am including those links below:
- Cinco de Mayo for Kids
- Cinco de Mayo Song by Hap Palmer
- Sesame Street: Cinco de Mayo Scenes
- 10 Amazing Facts about Mexico
- PBS Learning Media-Cinco de Mayo
Finally, this post wouldn’t be complete without a reference to science! 🙂 Here are two sites to look into:
- 10 Hispanic Scientists You Should Know by How Stuff Works
- Top List of Mexican Inventors by Thought Co.
- Not to mention our students! I say they make the list. 🙂
Happy Cinco de Mayo Everyone!