Science fans will love this mix of story biography and nonfiction details about Mike Brown’s discoveries. What I especially loved was how the telling of this story didn’t “start” when he was an adult, already with the title of “astronomer”, but as a child fascinated with astronomy. The first two-page spread of the book really captures it for me: the fascination, the delight, and the “let me see for myself”.
Broad Science Connections
- Science Community
- Science Practices
Broad Literacy Connections
- Sub-storylines (this one being non-fiction based)
Broad Sociocultural Connections
- Scientists make mistakes.
- Scientists belong to a science community.
- Scientists don’t work alone.
- Science is constantly progressing.